2020 has been a roller coaster year dealing with finances, and as a millennial I want to make sure my finances are together because at any given time any thing can happen.
Today I am giving you 10 money management tips:
1. Create separate accounts; one for bills and one for savings and then your checking account.
2. Automate your bill money to come out of your check so you won’t forget and you are able to track your money.
3. Have a money date with yourself. During the date you create a budget for your monthly bills.
4. Make sure when you get paid to at least save $100 or you can try to save 30% of your net pay.
5. Create an emergency account at your bank or credit union.
6. Get a money journal to keep track of expenses, entertainment and extras.
7. Get a money mentor, financial coach or someone who can help you learn about IRA’s (individual retirement funds) , high yield saving accounts, investing and more.
8. Keep track of dates when your bills come in a calendar so you won’t forget.
9. Try a no spend weekend or day where you don’t swipe your card or spend any cash.
10. Read a book on finances.
I hope these 10 tips will help you on your money journey.
Which ones do you already do and which ones are you looking forward to do?
Moneytober is all about getting our money management together so we can save, invest and build for our future. Make sure you follow adultingwithalieshia on Instagram to learn more money tips this month!
Thanks for coming to internet home! My name is Alieshia and I am a millennial travel blogger. I encourage millennials to travel no matter what and provide resources for adulting.